Saturday, June 14, 2008

Addictive Amigurumi

The other day I came across the information that there is a book out there called “Creepy Cute Crochet” that boasts patterns for various characters of a darker nature in amigurumi style. Among them are Cthulhu, Nosferatu, and Death himself. Well, this is a no-brainer: I immediately drove down the street to the bookstore and bought myself a copy. It turns out that the patterns are very easy, and yes, very cute. But most importantly: they’re highly addictive. I’ve already been sidetracked from making the actual characters offered to creating ones of my own, and I don’t see an end to it anytime soon.

Amigurumi is the main reason why I picked up crochet in the first place, and I’ve already made a couple of things. See Seasick Sinclair, and Toad (below). It’s going to take me a while to figure out how to do hair, and maybe some other details, but when I’ve completed more of them I’ll be sure to post.

Yep, that’s the Hillbilly, decked out in his mustard hat and chocolate hoodie (complete with aglets *fill in crossword clue now*).


An older project: Toad.

And more in the works...


-Art Fiend