Monday, October 26, 2009

HALLOWEEN IS COMING!

The Halloween season is upon us again and I have been very busy with many projects! First of all I want to share a few items I have made for myself:


Gorgeous hairpin lace pattern scarf. The pattern can be found on Etsy and the wonderful 100% silk yarn I found at ColourMart, which was hardly a splurge at all considering the prices!


Here is a glimpse at my new obsession of the moment: chainmaille! Instead of buying another cool chainmaille choker online I decided it was high time I learned how to do it myself and so I have a plethora of websites for those interested:

http://cgmaille.com/ (Great instructions!)
http://theringlord.com/ (Awesome supplies!)
http://chainmaillebymboi.com/ (Be inspired!)
http://www.spiderchain.com/index.shtml (Supplies & books)
http://www.artofchainmail.com/patterns/ (Good basics)
http://www.chainmailbasket.com/index.php (Take your chainmaille to a new level!)
http://www.maileofthedreamseeker.com/instructions/ (More instructions)

There are tons more places online to look for more info, but if you're interested that will give you a great place to start. Look for more chainmaille from me in the future!

Now... On to the Halloween goodies. This first post has a ton of masques made for a Halloween Masquerade Ball. All were made from the blank masks you can find at any craft store, painted with Krylon spray paints and foam paint/glitter writers and decorated with fake gems, feathers and other odds and ends.














Crocheted choker with glass beads to compliment the above masque.
That's it for now. Stay tuned for one amazing kiddie costume... coming soon!
-Lyzard